Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLBTR outlines the Jake Peavy tease trade to the White Sox
- Peavy will make $15MM next year, $16MM in 2011 and $17MM in 2012. There’s a club option for $22MM in 2013, with a $4MM buyout.
- The Padres want to move him because he’s expensive, but heÂ has a full no-trade clause this year.
- Peavy says he’s “not closing the door on anything” with the White Sox,Â according to Bernie Wilson of the AP.
- Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune says the White Sox are leaving the deal on the table in case Peavy changes his mind.
- Peavy sounds open to the possibility of being traded, hinting that he’d consider moving to another city.
- Cities in “Middle America” are more appealing to Peavy,Â as SI.com’s Jon Heyman reported yesterday. Also, he prefers the National League.
- As ESPN.com’s Buster Olney reports,Â the Cubs still have interest in Peavy.
- Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune suggests that the Cubs could pursue Peavy if their ownership transition progresses before the end of July.
- For what it’s worth, Peavy praised Cubs fans and the organization
I think peavy will get moved EVENTUALLY..I just have no idea to who. He has a MASSIVE contract so i can understand the padres want to move him…but he is a hellova pitcher too. This saga is interesting as Peavy wants to stay in the National League and with that no trade clause, he can very well get his wish. I shiver to think of a cubs roation of Zambrano/Peavy/Harden/Lilly/Marshall or Dempster……and im sure most of the National League feels the same way.