- Though he wasn’t completely undone until reliever Jon Switzer allowed both of his inherited runners to score, Hernandez labored through 5 1/3 innings last Friday against the Yankees. He allowed seven hits and six runs in all, including three home runs — one more than he had served up in his previous seven outings combined. Hernandezs next start will come at another homer-friendly park, Camden Yards, where he is 2-0 with a 3.95 ERA for his career.
- David Wrightâ€™s 11-game hitting streak was snapped with an 0-for-5 effort, but heâ€™s still batting .397 on the road and .357 overall this season. The Mets have alternated wins and losses on the first five games of their swing, and will go with Livan Hernandez to close out the trip.The right-hander looks to rebound from a 9-8 loss to the New York Yankees on Friday when he allowed six runs and six hitsâ€”including three homersâ€”over 5 1-3 innings.
- Hernandez is 3-1 with a 3.94 ERA in five career starts against the Orioles. Huff is 5 for 8 with two homers when facing him. Nick Markakis is just 1 for 7 lifetime versus Hernandez, but matched a career-high with four hits Wednesday. The right fielder is 6 for 8 with a homer, two RBIs and a stolen base in the series.
- Berken saw his second rough outing in a row in his last start. The right-hander lasted just 4 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs on eight hits. He got into an early deficit by allowing a two-run home run in the first inning in his last start against Atlanta, and has seen his ERA go from 2.25 at the end of May to 7.32 in two starts in June.
- Highly touted rookie Matt Wieters went deep for the first time and knocked in the first two runs of his career. The Oriolesâ€™ catcher was batting .234 (11 for 47) with no RBIs in his first 13 games since being called up from Triple-A Norfolk on May 29.
- Baltimore rookie right-hander Jason Berken will try to get off to a better start than he did in a 7-2 loss to Atlanta on Friday. He allowed a single to Nate McLouth and a two-run homer to Yunel Escobar to lead off the game. Berken has lost his last three starts since winning his major league debut May 26 .
Dont forget you can chat live in the Real Dirty Dugout! LGM!