- Redding pitched into the eighth inning for the first time all season for the Mets in earning his first victory of the season. Redding allowed four runs on five hits in seven-plus frames, striking out four. He was susceptible to the long ball, allowing homers to Ryan Ludwick and Brendan Ryan. Redding has never started against the Yankees. He owns a 2-3 career record with a 8.00 ERA in 16 interleague games, including 13 starts.
- â€œWe played a bad game. It was just one of those nights,â€ Mets manager Jerry Manuel said. â€œI think probably some of it is due because of the amount of players that we have missing.â€
- Tim Redding gets the ball for the Mets after earning his first win his last time out. He gave up four runs over seven innings Monday against St. Louis in a 6-4 victory. The veteran right-hander is winless in his last seven interleague starts, going 0-2 with a 5.89 ERA. He is 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA in two outings versus the AL this year, and will face the Yankees for the first time.
- Alex Rodriguez moved into 11th place on the all-time homers list with his 564th on Friday, and Brett Gardner added a career-high five hits as the Yankees won their third straight and improved to 3-1 against the Mets.
- Yankees starter A.J. Burnett will try to defeat the Mets for the second time this season. He yielded four singles over seven innings June 14 in a 15-0 victory to improve to 3-6 with a 3.58 ERA in 17 career starts against the Mets. The right-hander fell to 1-2 with a 2.79 ERA in three interleague starts after losing 2-1 last Saturday in Florida. Burnett gave up two runs over 6 1-3 innings. Yankees slugger Mark Teixeira has four doubles and three walks in nine career at-bats against Redding.
Dont forget you can chat live in the Real Dirty Dugout! LGM!