Good morning ( AND BACK TO WORK!!) all my fellow Mets fans. I don’t know about you but it really irks me that there wasn’t a Mets game scheduled on a major holiday such as Labor Day , it kinda makes you think what was Commandant Klink ( oops I meant CommisionerBud Selig ) was thinking ! Think of all the extra revenue from families that would go to ball games yesterday – the final true holiday of the baseball season – but they botched it again !
Anyway , enough of my rantings and on to ” This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty”.
Happy Birthday to our first third base coach and a instructor in our minor leagues during the ’60″s – Sheriff Robinson (1921)
Relief pitcher for the ’89 team Don ” Hole”Aase is the speed limit (1954)
And sometime Rookie pitching phenom Bobby Parnell is a young pup at twenty-five (1984)
And so the strive to reach .500 continues tonight against the Florida Marlins -Lets hope against hope that’s a goal they can obtain !
- Contract Extensions Changing The Free Agent Market
- Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment
- AL East Notes: Yankees, Orioles, Ishikawa
- Twins Release Rafael Perez
- Draft Notes: Gray, Manaea, Twins, White Sox
- Padres Don't Intend To Trade Chase Headley
- Padres Designate Thad Weber For Assignment
- A's Designate Chris Resop For Assignment
- Astros Open To Extension With Jose Altuve
- Minor Moves: Humber, Jeroloman, Boyer