Updated: Highlights from the Interview
- Manuel says Pelfrey is not relying on his fastball says Mike will establish that fastball in next outings.
- Says sitting Francoeur was very difficult but Francoeur is handling it well.
- Believes Mets will get that little Magic back that they had when they were winning.
- Beltran can play at least 3 night games but not ready for a day game after a night game.
- Finding playing time for Francoeur will be difficult with all the righties they will be facing.
- Concerned with Barajas not sure if it’s fatigue.
- Says offense has potential of taking some of the burden off pitching.
- Has had a difficult time trying to assess Bay.
- Believes Bay can catch fire these last couple of months.
- Believes even though it’s difficult that the guys he puts out there will hit better.
- Says Mets need a pitcher.
- Believes team can turn this road trip around. Sees good signs that this group can overcome the lack of good pitching.
- Says will have to decide if they are going to go with 6 or 7 relievers and then see how much time Thole will see.
- Would like another pitcher but believes team has enough offensively.
- Says Ollie will probably be the 1st lefty out of the pen.
Original Post: 5:06PM
WFAN’s Mike Francesa will be interviewing shortly Jerry Manuel in his weekly “Jerry Manuel Report”.
To listen just click here