Here I stand on the outside of the League Championship Series looking in. My team – The New York Mets didn’t even come close to being in post season contention . But none the less I am smiling. “ Why you May ask?” No it’s not gas or that I found out that they have found the lost episodes of Mork and Mindy . No I have this s&%t eating grin on my face because the two teams that I hate more than Ollie Perez himself . The Yankees and Phillies – are on the verge of elimination that will hopefully send the spiralling into baseball oblivion ( or at least their collective arrogant and obnoxious fan bases) !
So to mark this (hopefully) joyous occasion I have trotted out the ten best songs to celebrate their demise.
10. Celebrate (Dance To The Music): 3 Dog Night - Hey we need to start off with a funky song !!
09. Too Much Too Little Too Late : Johnny Mathis, Denise Williams – Nothing like a slow jam while watching Jimmy Rollins sulk !
08. In My Time Of Dying : Led Zeppelin – Great song to whistle to Yankee fans !
07. When The Music’s is Over : The Doors
06. Seasons In The Sun : Terry Jacks – I just want to annoy the hell out of Phillies and Yankee fans
05. The Ewok Victory Song: Return of the Jedi Sound track – 2 WORDS – YUB YUB !!!
04. We Will Rock You/ We Are The Champions : Queen - The quintessential screw you song !
03. Fade to Black : Metallica - It will be nice to see that happen to both the Yankees and Phillies seasons !
02. 1812 Overture : Peter Tchaikovsky – Has there ever been a better song to relay the emotions of victory ??!!??
The answer is a resounding yes, because number one song to celebrate the demise of the Yankees and Phillies seasons is drum roll please !!!
Na Na Na Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam !!! Yes the song that sends Dread into the hearts of every opposing team on the ledge of elimination is the number one song on my I-Pod if and when my two least favorite teams lose ( hopefully ) !!!
And with that said… HERE COMES THE INFAMY !!!
Happy Birthday Dickey Gonazlez (1978) !! Dickey was a spot starter/ mop up man for the ’01 Mets . In 16 with the Mets he went 3-2 with a e.r.a of 4,88.
Mo Vaughn has won a life time supply of Rice A Roni !!!