« Post game: Mets can’t solve the Red Menace. Phillies 5 Mets 2
Twitter Tweet: Mets Lineup May 29, 2011 »
by Gonzo Will
The Mets got a new partner this week and it got me thinking.
If you became the new owner of the Mets, what would be the first three things you would do?
5/29/2011-9:11am at 9:11 am (UTC -4)
oh wait… I get confused with new Jerry, same as the old Jerry.
anyway, quick off the top of my head:
1) adjust the walls a bit. Pull in RCF (death valley) and adjust the great wall to 8′
2) retire some numbers with great fanfare.
3) see if I could get reyes extended now.
5/29/2011-9:39am at 9:39 am (UTC -4)
but here are my ideas
1. extend Reyes to a “fair” deal
2. bring back some retired Mets traditions – i.e Banner Day and Old Timers Day and please retire # 13 !
3, Lastly be honest with the fans – if payroll is to be reduced admit it , if we are in the middle of a rebuilding process – admit it !!
oh as a added bonus – seat priced would be slashed
5/29/2011-11:42am at 11:42 am (UTC -4)
Pretty much agree with Stick & Rusty.
1. Create a grander Mets culture. – Retire a couple of players. Maybe 1 a month for the year next year? Hernandez, Doc, Piazza, Maybe Mazz, or Mookie.
2. Get rid of the black walls & black jerseys/hats. Outfield wall would be Blue, I want to see the dark gray road jerseys and home white or white pin stripes. Blue Met hat’s only.
3. Roster moves, including extending Reyes, moving Pelf & Beltran and consider extending or moving krod.
5/29/2011-11:54am at 11:54 am (UTC -4)
1. Brag to all my friends
2. Get drunk/party
3. Sign myself as the new left fielder. I think it would be fun.
5/29/2011-12:11pm at 12:11 pm (UTC -4)
LOL. Very creative.
5/29/2011-12:13pm at 12:13 pm (UTC -4)
I really am no expert on big business or owning a ML baseball team. I’m assuming my first 3 things would be far different than a zillionnaire buying the team would or should do.
So my 3 things:
- Sign Reyes
- Rethink those outfield walls, at least minimum that Mo Zone.
- Spend whatever it took to field a competitive Mets team sooner rather than later – money be damned.
Of course, that’s all fantasy so it will be interesting to see what this franchise does going forward.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© 2013 Real Dirty Mets Blog.
Powered by WordPress and the Graphene Theme.