Here are some of things said during Alderson’s conference with the media.
- Some things may be available early in July rather than later in July in regards to making trade now.
- Mets had been in discussion with several teams for some time going as far back as a few weeks.
- The KRod trade should not signal anything about Beltran.
- Thinks the team anticipated the KRod move and therefore does not think it will have a negative impact on the players.
- Says Boras didn’t have much of an impact in decision to move Krod.
- Money being sent is more that the 3.5M buyout but less than what is owed to him for remainder of season.
- Mets can look forward to considerably more payroll flexibility now and how they can better allocate their resources.
- One of the things out of the savings from KRod’s salary this year is it allows for new talent acquisition (amateur).
The interview has concluded we will try to get a transcript or audio of the interview and get it posted as soon as possible.