Why the Mets lost:
Why the Yankees won:
Timely hitting and a little bit of luck.
- Wow, that was a real nail-biter.
- Those two homers were barely out of the park. In “The Old Citi Field,” neither of those would have been out.
- Chris Young was very good. Through six, he looked absolutely dominant. However, that seventh was what killed the Mets and he was in the middle of it.
- The seventh inning was a big disappointment. Valdespin made it to second with no outs, but David Wright, Lucas Duda, and Daniel Murphy all failed to drive him home. Hits in those situations are what separates third place teams from first place teams.
- Great pitching matchup to look forward to tomorrow… Hopefully, the Mets and R.A. Dickey can pull out the series. Let’s go Mets!