Hope Shines for Shannon is having an online auction run by Charitybuzz.com to raise money and help support Shannon Forde a member of the Mets media relations staff with medical & household expenses which have impacted her since being diagnosed back on August 2, 2012 with stage IV breast cancer.
A few of the items up for auction are:
- Learn from the Best with a Pitching Lesson from Mets Star R.A. Dickey at Citi Field and Watch Batting Practice From The Field.
- Mets Star Johan Santana will Give You a Pitching Lesson at Citi Field!
- Mets Spring Training VIP Experience for 4 in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- Have Dinner for 4 with Mets Legend Keith Hernandez with 4 Tickets to a Game of Your Choice.
- A Behind the Scenes Tour of The National Baseball Hall of Fame for 4 in Cooperstown, NY
Also The Daniel P. Ryan Foundation and Chic Charity Club will be having a dinner fund raiser Thursday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. at Westmount Country Club in Woodland Park, N.J. The dinner will be emceed by Ron Darling Donations start at $100.
There will also be a Meet & Greet autograph session for $250. Sheduled to appear are Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, John Franco, Bobby Ojeda, Edgardo Alfonzo, Al Leiter, Ed Charles & Ed Kranepool and NY Giants Sean Landeta.