In our evening edition of “According To Sources” we give you this from Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal. Ken Rosenthal tweeted that sources say the “Mets made offer to Wright. Wright’s side made counter-offer. Details of proposals not known.”
According To Sources History
- 10/6/2012 – it’s conceivable Wright and Dickey will have new deals in place, at least in principle, by the time the World Series begins later this month.
- 10/9/2012 – The Mets are expected to open negotiations with an offer for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million for star third baseman David Wright.
- 10/10/2012 – David Wright’s camp intends to milk talks and draw things out until at least after the World Series, in hopes of reaching a better compromise at the last minute.
- 10/13/2012 – Mets could schedule a meeting and begin formal contract negotiations next week & it’s too early to tell if it’s still possible for either player to be signed this month.
- 10/25/2012 – Contract negotiations between the Mets and Wright & Dickey remain very preliminary and have not advanced to the point of talking years or dollars and they are still talking about when to really get talking.
- 11/6/2012 – The Mets are “not close” to a resolution with either Wright or Dickey.
- 11/7/2012 – Discussions regarding Dickey’s contract extension could see “a resolution before the month ends”.
- 11/8/2012 – Mets are not expressing the same optimism with R.A. Dickey in regards to “progressing, albeit slowly, in completing a long-term extension”.
- 11/8/2012 – Mets are “showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension” and are “discussing him in trades”.
- 11/9/2012 – Speculation that Dickey wanted a Oliver Perez type deal is “completely incorrect” and that a decision to sign or trade Dickey after the NL Cy Young winner is announced could be resolved pretty quickly”.
- 11/13/2012 – Mets made Wright an offer and Wright’s people have made a counter offer.