Day six of the 2013 Caribbean Series which is being held at the new Sonora Stadium (Estadio Sonora) in Hermosillo, Mexico and the Dominican Republic clinched a spot in the Series Final coming back from a 2 run deficit vs Mexico last night with a 7 run 8th inning winning by a final score of 11-6. This resulted in a 3 way tie for the 2nd best record between Mexico, Venezuela and Puerto Rico as we enter the final day of the Round Robin. The first tiebreaker to determine teams that advance to the final is head-to-head matchups; the second is run differential.
Additional Note: I just wanted to point out that New York Mets Jordany Valdespin has carried his hot bat during the Round Robin of the Dominican League that saw him hit successfully in all 17 games he appeared in into this Dominican League Series. After going 0 for 4 in game 1 Valdespin has had a hit in the next 4 games the last 3 being multi-hit games. Over his last 4 games he has 7/H, 19/AB, .368/BA, 1/2B, 1/HR, 3/RBI, 5/R, 1/BB, 1/SO, 1/SB.
About The Carribean Series:
The 4 countries participating are Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and of course the host city Mexico. The countries will compete in a six-day double-round-robin with the top two teams playing for the championship on the 7th day which falls on Feb. 7.
The schedule is as follows:
- Venezuela (0-0) vs Dominican Republic (0-0) 5:00pm EST
- Puerto Rico (0-0) vs Mexico (0-0) 9:30pm EST
- Dominican Republic (1-0) vs Puerto Rico (0-1) 3:00pm EST
- Mexico (1-0) vs Venezuela (0-1) 7:00pm EST
- Venezuela (1-1) vs Puerto Rico (0-2) 3:00pm EST
- Mexico (1-1) vs Dominican Republic (2-0) 7:00pm EST
- Puerto Rico (0-3) vs Dominican Republic (3-0) 3:00pm EST
- Venezuela (2-1) vs Mexico (1-2) 7:00pm EST
- Puerto Rico (1-3) vs Venezuela (2-2) 6:00pm EST
- Dominican Republic (3-1) vs Mexico (2-2) 9:30pm EST
- Dominican Republic (4-1) vs Venezuela (2-3) 6:00pm EST
- Puerto Rico (2-3) vs Mexico (2-3) 9:30pm EST
- 1st place vs 2nd place 9:00pm EST