Here is the latest "According To Sources" courtesy of Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports. Rosenthal in an article
today says that according to major-league sources the "The Mets plan to offer Dickey a two-year contract extension".UPDATE: After publishing this post a tweet that fits the "According To Sources" mold was released by Buster Olney of ESPN. Olney tweeted
that sources say "R.A. Dickey wants more than $10 million a year, if he were to agree to a two-year extension for 2014-2015."According To Sources History
- 10/6/2012 - it’s conceivable Wright and Dickey will have new deals in place, at least in principle, by the time the World Series begins later this month.
- 10/9/2012 - The Mets are expected to open negotiations with an offer for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million for star third baseman David Wright.
- 10/10/2012 - David Wright's camp intends to milk talks and draw things out until at least after the World Series, in hopes of reaching a better compromise at the last minute.
- 10/13/2012 - Mets could schedule a meeting and begin formal contract negotiations next week & it's too early to tell if it's still possible for either player to be signed this month.
- 10/25/2012 - Contract negotiations between the Mets and Wright & Dickey remain very preliminary and have not advanced to the point of talking years or dollars and they are still talking about when to really get talking.
- 11/6/2012 - The Mets are “not close” to a resolution with either Wright or Dickey.
- 11/7/2012 - Discussions regarding Dickey's contract extension could see "a resolution before the month ends".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are not expressing the same optimism with R.A. Dickey in regards to "progressing, albeit slowly, in completing a long-term extension".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are "showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension" and are "discussing him in trades".
- 11/9/2012 - Speculation that Dickey wanted a Oliver Perez type deal is “completely incorrect” and that a decision to sign or trade Dickey after the NL Cy Young winner is announced could be resolved pretty quickly".
- 11/13/2012 - Mets made Wright an offer and Wright's people have made a counter offer.
- 11/17/2012 - Mets plan to offer Dickey a two-year contract extension & if Dickey agrees to a 2 year extension he wants more than $10 million a year.