We are back again providing you with our latest addition to “According To Sources” for a 2nd consecutive day courtesy of Andy McCullough
of the The Star-Ledger. In a post
published just a little while ago McCullough reports that regarding the Dickey contract extension talks a "person with knowledge of the discussions indicated there could be a resolution before the month ends".According To Sources History
- 10/6/2012 - it’s conceivable Wright and Dickey will have new deals in place, at least in principle, by the time the World Series begins later this month.
- 10/9/2012 - The Mets are expected to open negotiations with an offer for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million for star third baseman David Wright.
- 10/10/2012 - David Wright's camp intends to milk talks and draw things out until at least after the World Series, in hopes of reaching a better compromise at the last minute.
- 10/13/2012 - Mets could schedule a meeting and begin formal contract negotiations next week & it's too early to tell if it's still possible for either player to be signed this month.
- 10/25/2012 - Contract negotiations between the Mets and Wright & Dickey remain very preliminary and have not advanced to the point of talking years or dollars and they are still talking about when to really get talking.
- 11/6/2012 - The Mets are “not close” to a resolution with either Wright or Dickey.
- 11/7/2012 - Discussions regarding Dickey's contract extension could see "a resolution before the month ends".