It appears with the GM Meetings going on the “According To Sources” material is in full effect. Today's edition of “According To Sources” comes from 2 sources. First Joel Sherman of the NY Post reports
that according to multiple sources the Mets were not "expressing the same optimism with R.A. Dickey" as with David Wright in regards to "progressing, albeit slowly, in completing a long-term extension". Then on Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal tweeted
that sources say the Mets are "showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension" and are "discussing him in trades".According To Sources History
- 10/6/2012 - it’s conceivable Wright and Dickey will have new deals in place, at least in principle, by the time the World Series begins later this month.
- 10/9/2012 - The Mets are expected to open negotiations with an offer for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million for star third baseman David Wright.
- 10/10/2012 - David Wright's camp intends to milk talks and draw things out until at least after the World Series, in hopes of reaching a better compromise at the last minute.
- 10/13/2012 - Mets could schedule a meeting and begin formal contract negotiations next week & it's too early to tell if it's still possible for either player to be signed this month.
- 10/25/2012 - Contract negotiations between the Mets and Wright & Dickey remain very preliminary and have not advanced to the point of talking years or dollars and they are still talking about when to really get talking.
- 11/6/2012 - The Mets are “not close” to a resolution with either Wright or Dickey.
- 11/7/2012 - Discussions regarding Dickey's contract extension could see "a resolution before the month ends".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are not expressing the same optimism with R.A. Dickey in regards to "progressing, albeit slowly, in completing a long-term extension".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are "showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension" and are "discussing him in trades".