This evening we have 2 entries, both 1st timers to our "According To Sources". The 1st comes courtesy of Jim Bowden of ESPNxm in the form of a tweet. Bowden tweets
that a source involved in negotiations says both sides aren't even close to a deal. This despite RA Dickey describing progress in negotiations.The 2nd comes courtesy of T.R. Sullivan who follows the Texas Rangers for MLB.com. Sullivan writes
that according to sources, the Rangers are definitely interested in talking more with the Mets at the Winter Meetings regarding trading for Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey.According To Sources History
- 10/6/2012 - it’s conceivable Wright and Dickey will have new deals in place, at least in principle, by the time the World Series begins later this month.
- 10/9/2012 - The Mets are expected to open negotiations with an offer for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million for star third baseman David Wright.
- 10/10/2012 - David Wright's camp intends to milk talks and draw things out until at least after the World Series, in hopes of reaching a better compromise at the last minute.
- 10/13/2012 - Mets could schedule a meeting and begin formal contract negotiations next week & it's too early to tell if it's still possible for either player to be signed this month.
- 10/25/2012 - Contract negotiations between the Mets and Wright & Dickey remain very preliminary and have not advanced to the point of talking years or dollars and they are still talking about when to really get talking.
- 11/6/2012 - The Mets are “not close” to a resolution with either Wright or Dickey.
- 11/7/2012 - Discussions regarding Dickey's contract extension could see "a resolution before the month ends".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are not expressing the same optimism with R.A. Dickey in regards to "progressing, albeit slowly, in completing a long-term extension".
- 11/8/2012 - Mets are "showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension" and are "discussing him in trades".
- 11/9/2012 - Speculation that Dickey wanted a Oliver Perez type deal is “completely incorrect” and that a decision to sign or trade Dickey after the NL Cy Young winner is announced could be resolved pretty quickly".
- 11/13/2012 - Mets made Wright an offer and Wright's people have made a counter offer.
- 11/17/2012 - Mets plan to offer Dickey a two-year contract extension & if Dickey agrees to a 2 year extension he wants more than $10 million a year.
- 11/19/2012 - Mets “would want a monster package for (R.A.) Dickey, and if they don’t get it, probably would not trade him.”
- 11/20/2012 - “50-50” that Wright signs an extension and Wright is less than thrilled with Years and guaranteed money offered so far. At least one team official is “not sure” if Dickey agreeing to an extension is any guarantee he will not be traded this Winter. Finally that part of the reason for the stalemate between Wright & the Mets is because Jeff Wilpon tries to win every negotiation and doesn’t go for the middle ground.”
- 11/27/2012 - Mets offered Wright a 6 year, $100M contract extension. Wright prefers a deal of 7 years or longer. Mets making little progress in signing both Wright & Dickey to extensions.
- 11/27/2012 - Mets most recent offer to Wright is for 7 years and is worth well above $100M. Negotiations have been ongoing for several weeks with offers and counter offers having been traded back and forth. Wright was “unhappy” with the way contract talks were proceeding but that was before the team increased its offer to seven years.
- 11/27/2012 - Wright had been offered a 7 year extension on top of the $16 million he is owed for 2013. Mets have "been really optimistic" an extension will be reached with Wright. Source says it does not believe a deal would be finalized before the Winter Meetings but another source says it could but it's speculative that it will.
- 11/27/2012 - Mets have offered Wright a 7 year deal for $135-140 million dollars.
- 11/27/2012 - Mets made Wright an offer that would be worth between $135 million and $145 million over eight years, including Wright’s $16 million salary this season.
- 11/28/2012 - Deferred money is an issue in Wright negotiations and Santana's $137.5M deal is a “benchmark” Wright and his agents are pursuing. Also if R.A. Dickey is signed to an extension it would "almost definitely” eliminate the possibility he is traded this offseason.
- 11/29/2012 - Mets have made their best offer which is a 8 year $140M offer if you include the $16M Wright is due to make in 2013. The deal is back loaded similar to how former Met Jose Reyes contract was structured when he signed with the Marlins. And there is deferred money in the offer.
- 11/30/2012 - Dickey would be content with a two-year extension on top of the existing $5 million owed in 2013.
- 12/1/2012 - Mets increased their offer to R.A. Dickey, but it's unclear whether it's close enough to what Dickey seeks in a two-year deal.
- 12/2/2012 - Regarding the Dickey negotiations both sides aren't even close to a deal.
- 12/2/2012 - Texas Rangers are interested in trading for Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey.