Final Score: Padres 7, Mets 3Player Of The Game: Ronny Cedeno
- 1-for-1, pinch-hit 2-R HRGoat Of The Game: Matt Harvey
- 5 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 81 pitches (50 strikes)Notes:
Check out more of my work at UpAlongfirst.com and follow me on Twitter @UpAlongFirst..
- Matt Harvey struggled, serving up a ton of extra-base hits. He's struggled in the past when moving up from level to level, although I am a bit surprised that the Padres would be the team he struggles against.
- Ramon Ramirez out of the 'pen wasn't great, either. He allowed two runs on three hits in 1.2 innings. Gary Cohen pointed out on the telecast how Ramirez doesn't get quick outs. I have to agree with him, and today was just another example.
- Ruben Tejada had another two-hit game. He has just been on fire lately. I think he's a solid option as a leadoff man if he can keep his on-base percentage up. Anyone else agree? He doesn't have the speed, but he can sure get on base.
- Ike Davis hit another extra-base hit, his 18th double of the season. However, he is still hitting just .212 on the season.
- The Mets have an off-day tomorrow, and begin a three-game series at home with the Marlins. Let's go Mets!