With the Mets playing so well, it's easy to forget that the team has eight players injured.According to Mets.com:
- Carlos Beltran is listed as day-to-day and is due back from his ailing right knee on Friday, May 29.
- Ryan Church was placed on the Disabled List on May 26 and is due back from his strained right hamstring in Mid-June.
- Alex Cora is on the 15 day DL and is due back from a torn ligament in his right thumb in early June. According to Adam Rubin, Cora will begin today a three game rehab in AAA Buffalo.
- Carlos Delgado is on the 15 day DL, underwent surgery on May 19 and is due back from a torn labrum in his hip in mid-July.
- Oliver Perez on on the 15 day DL and is due back soon from his right knee patellar tendinitis. Perez started in AAA Buffalo on Tuesday.
- Jose Reyes is on the 15 day DL and is due back from his calf tendinitis in early June.
- Brian Schneider, who is catching games in extended Spring Training, is on the 15 day DL and is due back soon from a strained back and sore calf.
- Billy Wagner, who is working out at the Mets' Spring Training complex, is on the 15 day DL and is due back from a torn elbow ligament at the end of the season.