The topic of late is what to do with Jennry Mejia. Wanting to see how some of the New York Print Media feels here are a few quotes for you enjoyment.Kevin Kernan
- NY Post"Mejia should be at Citi Field come April 5.If he’s not, the Mets are wasting a golden arm and opportunity.
- Newsday"--Jim Baumbach spoke with Fernando Martinez's Dominican League general manager, Moises Alou. Meanwhile, within this second story is news that Jenrry Mejia pitched well again. And in both cases, the Mets should think big picture and start their two youngsters in the minor leagues.
- NY Post"Perhaps Mejia really is another Doc Gooden, capable of defying a normal apprenticeship. But are 15 or so spring innings â€” as enchanting as they may be â€” really enough to make the Mets jettison development plans for a pitcher whose next Triple-A pitch would be his first. Is there a good reason â€” beyond desperation â€” why Mejia should not go to the minors to validate that this spring is no illusion and to work further on secondary pitches and command.
- Fox Sports"This isn’t so complicated: The Mets, rather than transition Mejia into a new role in the majors, should send him to Triple A, allow him to build a foundation, then summon him as early as May or June.
- NY Daily News"While I love this Mejia kid, I would actually love to see him start the season in Buffalo AS A STARTER, and hopefully bring him up mid-season if, I mean when, we need a starter. But he looks destined to be our eighth-inning guy."