Dillon Gee was on the hill tonight to end the Met slide, he was opposed by Randy Hill of Chicago.It was a fire fight as both teams exchanged leads...and it all began in the second inning with Mets having, you guessed it, two outs.  Randy Wells gave up a base hits to Scott Hairston, Daniel Murphy, Josh Thole and Dillon Gee to put the Mets up by two runs.  It was a lead that should have been added to in the top of the third when the Mets had the bases loaded with two outs but a running error by Lucas Duda after an Ike Davis double and a ground out by Daniel Murphy would end the Met threat...it would come back to haunt them later on.The Cubs took the lead in the bottom of the frame when Gee gave up a base hit and walk to begin the inning.  After an Anthony Rizzo ground out, it looked like Gee might just get out of the inning without any damage but Alfonso Soriano hit a Fielders Choice ground out putting the Cubs on the board and the Chicago added two more to take the lead 3-2.The Mets came right back in the top of the fourth when after a Thole base hit, Gee drew a walk( which chased Wells from the game) After a Ruben Tejada walk, David Wright hit a bullet as a sac fly to draw the Mets even.  The Cubs would take the lead when Murphy booted a ball in the top of the fifth which allowed the Cubs to put two men on  allowing Anthony Rizzo to score one of them on a double.It would be the last inning for Gee as he made way for Hefner. who put the Cubs down in order in the bottom of the sixth.Scott Hairston hit a seed between the legs of the Cub third basemen for a double to start off the top of the seventh inning but never left the bag as the the Met bats went silent.  The Mets got a one out base runner when Turner hit a single in the top of the eighth(and was lifted for Andres Torres who stole second base) but alas, Torres would get stranded at third.In the bottom of the eighth, Ike Davis got thrown out of the game when, after Davis appeared to tag a runner leaning off of first base, yelled and touched the first base umpire with his glove.  It just opened up another error when, with runners on second and first, a hard hit ground ball to Tejada was thrown away giving the Cubs an insurance run.The Mets mounted a small threat in the top of the ninth when the Cubs closer walked David Wright but he would walk back to the dugout as the next three Mets would fail to move him.  The final score Cubs 5 Mets 3.Jon Niese will take the mound tomorrow to try to salvage one game in Chicago.