Final Score: Marlins 13, Mets 0Player Of The Game: David Wright
- 2-for-4Goat Of The Game: Chris Young
- 4.1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 87 pitches (54 strikes)Notes:
- Chris Young was awful. He left up a few hanging breaking pitches and they were crushed. There's not much more to say than that...
- The Met offense was shut down again today. They didn't score a single run and only scratched out five hits. The offense has been very inconsistent of late. They may be as much to blame for the past few weeks as anybody. They can't score runs on a consistent basis. On nights like this, it is irrelevant because the Marlins scored 13, but the Mets couldn't score a single run off a so-so rookie pitcher and a bad bullpen. That's unacceptable.
- Ramon Ramirez and Jeremy Hefner both pitched well out of the bullpen, but it all went downhill from there. Garrett Olson gave up four runs on three hits in the eighth inning, giving the Marlins an 11-0 lead. In the ninth, Frank Francisco gave up a two-run homer to Greg Dobbs to make it 13-0.
- Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Reyes both had big games for Miami. Stanton hit two home runs and a double. Jose Reyes was just 1-for-3, but hit a solo home run in the first and then scored another run in the fifth inning. He also extended his hitting streak to 26 games.
- What a rough game... It doesn't get much worse than this.